Technological development and sustainability
INSA-UB has extensive experience in exhaustive food from a nutritional standpoint, sensory, microbiological and technology. This experience enhances the quality of the process and of many food products, in addition to obtaining new foods and develop in three areas: laboratory scale, pilot scale, and industrial scale.
Optimization of quality parameters
- Adjust the formulations through the knowledge of authorized additives (preservatives, antioxidants, emulsifiers, gelling agents, fragrances, flavors, fermenters and Starters, etc.).
- Adjustments in the formulations through knowledge and degradation of quality indicators:
- Identification and validation of quality parameters biochemical-physical nature (pH, fatty acids, protein, texture, color, aroma, foam, etc.).
- Identification and characterization of microorganisms of interest in food (bacteria, viruses and parasites) and prions.
- Identification and validation of degradation indicators (biogenic amines, microbial indicators, oxiesterols, Rancimat index, peroxide, K270 and K232, etc.).
- Development of rapid technological parameters predictors of these indicators.
- Evaluation of the effect of exogenous factors (environmental, agricultural systems, etc.) and endogenous (new technologies and new food ingredients) on the quality indicators.
Formulation, processing and characterization of dispersed systems products: emulsions, microemulsions, nanoemulsions, floor, gels, foams, etc.
Determination of flow properties and rheological parameters of any ingredient or food product.
- Innovation projects in engineering and nano technology. Using microsystem for the study of individual cells and molecules with applications in process improvement.
Cooking techniques: Managing the environmental impact
Sensory analysis of various products
- Design of the methodology for the analysis.
- Panels specialized tasters fruits, meat products, dairy products, wines and champagnes, oils, etc.
- Availability of sensory analysis laboratory standard.
- Analysis and interpretation of results.
Analysis of consumer behavior
- Consumer studies (acceptability, preference, etc.) with paneled Spanish and European consumers. Studies:
- Sensory attributes
- Physical and chemical quality parameters
- Processing conditions and conservation
- Studies distribution channels